World Autism Awareness Day
The eighth annual World Autism Awareness Day is April 2, 2016. Every year, autism organizations around the world celebrate the day with unique fundraising and awareness-raising events. How will you celebrate?
Did you know …
- Autism now affects 1 in 68 children and 1 in 42 boys
- Autism prevalence figures are growing
- Autism is one of the fastest-growing developmental disorders in the U.S.
- Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average
- Boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to have autism
- There is no medical detection or cure for autism
To support and draw attention to those with Autism for the 4th year in a row, Royal United Mortgage LLC Employees held a fundraiser and rallied around the cause by purchasing shirts and wearing blue to show their support. Overwhelmed by the response this year we ordered and sold out of over 200 shirts which resulted in nearly $1500.00 being donated to organizations that assist those with this disease.
For more information on Autism, please visit https://www.autismspeaks.org/
Written by: Christa Booth, Lock Desk Specialist at Royal United Mortgage LLC