10 Things to Expect From a Loan Advisor You Can Trust
The professionalism required to handle the financial futures of others should never be taken lightly. In a work week, Loan Advisors talk to a wide variety of people from all different locations, with all different backgrounds. Every individual has their own unique goals for seeking a new home mortgage or refinance.
When searching for the right loan and the right lender, you may want something specific: a lower payment, lower interest rate, etc. It’s important to work with a Loan Advisor you trust to get into the best loan program for you.
Expect a Loan Advisor you can trust to do all of the following:
- Recognize that you are a unique individual and treat you that way.
- Know the importance of their position and have a heart for helping others.
- Genuinely care and want you to achieve your financial goals.
- Ask the right questions and actively listen to your responses.
- Apply their training and knowledge about available loan programs to structure options customized for you.
- Help you understand the best options to consider and explain why.
- Provide everything in writing and answer all your questions thoroughly.
- Confidently support you towards a decision that improves your financial situation but never pressure you to move forward.
- Deliver the service required to ensure that your application is handled with professionalism and urgency.
- Communicate regularly through the entire process and celebrate with you once your loan is funded!
If any of the items listed above are leaving doubts in your mind, then consider all of the factors that affect the direct cost of your loan each month. Also, consider the long-term cost of a loan. Your mortgage is a major factor in your financial future so you should have confidence that you can trust your lender to handle every part of the process smoothly and with expertise. If you don’t trust the Loan Advisor you speak with, who is a representative of a business, then you should ask to speak with a different Loan Advisor or consider working with another lender.
Everyone deserves to get the best available mortgage for their situation. If you don’t feel like you are getting a customized experience that will put you in a better financial position, then just keep in mind that it always pays to shop around. You owe it to yourself to do so.