Holiday Treats: Puppy Chow
Every year the one thing that I always make for Christmas is Puppy Chow. Don’t worry, this is not the puppy chow that you are thinking. It’s a delicious Chex Mix recipe that combines the flavors of chocolate, peanut butter, and sugar! Is your mouth drooling yet? Human Puppy Chow is a delicious, inexpensive and super easy dessert recipe to make any time of the year. I will warn you, it’s addicting.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this delicious recipe:
– 9 Cups of Corn Chex
– 1/2 Cup of Peanut Butter
– 1/4 Cup of Butter or Margarine
– 1 Cup of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
– 1 tsp of Vanilla
– 1 1/2 Cups of Powdered Sugar
- In a large bowl, place your 9 cups of Chex cereal and set aside.
- In a medium-size saucepan, melt the chocolate chips, butter and peanut butter on low heat until completely melted and smooth. Stir frequently to prevent the mixture from sticking. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the dry cereal and stir carefully until it is completely coated.
- In a large ziplock bag pour the cereal mixture inside and then slowly add the powdered sugar. Seal the bag and shake well until all of the cereal is coated.
- Spread the mixture out on waxed paper until the Puppy Chow is completely cool and dry. Seal in an airtight container and place it in the fridge (if it lasts that long!)
Puppy Chow is such a fun and easy dessert to make with your kids. It requires little time or effort which makes it one of my favorite things to make. We try and make this Chex Mix Recipe at least once a month, it’s one of my family’s favorites. I hope you enjoy!